As a multi-discipline sport the triathlon would make a very good test environment for a pair of Cahoonas 75 trunks, we thought. So, who better to put a pair of Cahoonas through their paces than Marc Austin:
The Sunday Mail Young Sports Personality of the Year 2013
British Triathlon Male Elite Junior Triathlete of the Year 2013
Stirling Club Sports Awards University of Stirling Student Athlete of the Year 2013
2nd World Triathlon Championships London
1st European Junior Mixed Relay Champs
3rd Australian Youth Olympic Festival
3rd at ETU Junior European Cup in Vierzon
4th in French Grand Prix at Dunkerque
3rd overall at the ETU Triathlon Champs in Alanya
4th Holten ITU Sprint European Cup
3rd Geneva ITU Triathlon European Cup
We caught up with Marc (well, we waited for him to finish because he's too fast) and then asked him a few questions:
1) What's your greatest sporting achievement to date?
Second at the World Junior Triathlon Champs 2013
2) What will be your greatest sporting challenge this year?
Stepping up to senior racing and trying to qualify for the Commonwealth Games
3) What or who got you hooked into your sport?
I just loved racing - coming from a swimming and running background it was great to be able to combine that into the one race
4) Who is your sporting hero?
I've had a few to be honest. Michael Jamieson and Robert Millar are up there.
5) 95% of all sportswear bought in the UK is imported. What is your opinion on that?
I guess it'd be nice to have more sportswear made in the uk, hopefully that'll change.
6) How do you relax and what's your poison of choice?
I just watch TV or mess about with my mates, something that doesn't require energy! Probably Cream Soda.
7) You're chopping wood, do you use a chainsaw or an axe?
8) How would you like to be remembered?
Not sure, just as a nice guy who was alright at triathlon probably.
9) Haggis yes or no?
10) Beards are back in fashion, with Faris Al-Sultan sporting the chin heather, would you ever consider growing a chin sporran?
Maybe a few years down the line, my beard growing ability isn't really there right now!
11) You've trained in the Cahoonas 75 trunk what's your verdict?
Yeah the boxers are great, I've had a chance to wear them a few times and yeah I really like them. Especially when running, it's unusual to find boxers that are comfortable to run in.