Watch Chris fly round the track as he runs the 1500m. He's fast and he's proud and he's already carrying plenty of gold medals but these wont slow him down.
Cahoonas waited for a moment when Chris wasn't running like the wind and we asked him a few questions
as well as making him some Bespoke Scottish Running pants.
'The Cahoonas are great.
Very comfortable and they look class.'
Picture credit Mark Searman
Club:Edinburgh AC/Tulsa Uni
Date of Birth:23/11/1990
Domestic Championships Record
- 2013 - Sainsbury's British championships 1500m gold
- 2012 - Aviva Olympic Trials & UK championships 1500m bronze
- 2010 - Scottish U23 championships 1500m gold
- 2009 - England Athletics U20 championships 1500m 10th; Scottish Senior championships 1500m 5th
- 2008 - Scottish Closed championships 5000m5th; England Athletics U20 champs 5000m bronze; Scottish Power Scottish Schools' championships 1500m gold; Bank of Scotland U20 championships 3000m gold, 5000m silver; Scottish Closed Senior Indoor championships 3000m silver; Bank of Scotland U20 Indoor championships 1500m silver; Inter-Counties Cross Country U20 championships silver; Scottish Power National Cross Country U20 championships gold; Scottish Power Scottish Secondary Schools' championships gold
- 2007 - England Athletics U17 championships 3000m bronze; Bank of Scotland U17 championships 800m gold, 1500m gold; Scottish Schools' championships 1500m silver, 3000m silver; Schools' International 3000m silver; Scottish U20 Indoor championships 1500m gold; Scottish U17 Indoor championships 1500m gold; European Cross Country Trials silver
- 2006 - AAA U17 championships 1500m 4th; Bank of Scotland U17 championships 1500m silver, 3000m 4th; Scottish Power Schools' championships 3000m 4th
- 2005 - Scottish Schools' championships 1500m 4th
- 2003 - Bank of Scotland U15 championships 800m 4th
Major Championships & International Record
- 2013 - IAAF World championships 1500m 12th
- 2008 - Commonwealth Youth Games 1500m 8th; European Junior Cross Country championships 28th team bronze
1 As a professional athlete how does it feel to do what you love everyday?
Being a professional athlete is what I have wanted to do ever since I found my love for running. To be able to live my dream every day is fantastic and I am just blessed I have been given the opportunity to do what I love for the country I love.
2) What is your greatest sporting achievement to date?
Becoming the Scottish 1500m and Mile Indoor record holder. Being able to say that I am the fastest Scot in history is pretty special.
3) What will be your greatest sporting challenge this year?
The Commonwealth Games 1500m Final. Making the final is going to be hard but hopefully I can make the final and give Scotland something to go mental for.
4) What or who got you hooked into your sport?
My family is my biggest motivation. I always want to make my parents (Gillian and Terry) and older brother (Ryan) proud and show my younger siblings (Olivia and Dominic) that anything is possible if you are willing to work as hard as you can and not let anything get in your way.
5) Who is your sporting hero and why?
I have a lot of sporting heroes from many sports. Haile Gebrselassie and Henrik Larsson were my sporting heroes growing up because no matter what situation they found themselves in they would always find a way out using their toughness and strength. I am now a big fan of Andy Murray because from a young age, he has made the sacrifices necessary to make it to the top and that is what I have done, I just need to keep working my way to the top.
6) 95% of all sportswear bought in the UK is imported. What is your opinion on that?
It is always good to support other economies, however it would be good to see Britain produce more of its own products.
7) Cahoonas make British sportswear and we already know you're a fan, but can you sum up in a few words why you like your Cahoonas so much?
Cahoonas are made with the customer in mind and that is a dying trade. A lot of companies make their products with profit in mind and that creates a subpar product. I can count on my Cahoonas providing me with comfort and can also rely on them not tearing after wearing them for a while. This all makes a great product when you include that they look brilliant.
8) How do you relax and what's your poison of choice?
Lactic acid is my literal poison, relaxing always feels better when I can feel my body trying its best to get rid of the lactic.
9) You're chopping wood, do you use a chainsaw or an axe?
I would have to go with an axe, to make me feel like more of a manly man (compensates for the lack of facial hair)
10) How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered for my relentless and brave racing style. I would like for kids to watch my races and realise that I left nothing out there and I gave it my all.
11) Haggis yes or no
Absolutely, at least once a week (with neeps, tatties and a bottle of IRN BRU) - doesn't get any more stereotypical than that, but I love it.